Recreate Meghan's stunning bridal hair
If you, like us, were in awe of Meghan Markle, now the Duchess of Sussex's, stylish updo for her spectacular wedding earlier today (19th May), ghd global ambassador, Adam Reed, shares his secrets on how to recreate this look yourself.
"The key to this look is to prep the hair to create the ultimate base with maximum shine and gloss. The whole look is ultra-feminine, silky and soft to contrast with her structured and fitted dress."
Follow Adam's steps and create the look yourself:
- Start by creating a centre parting in the hair using the end of the ghd tail comb. Make sure the parting is strong and is pulled back to the crown of the head.
- Blow dry out the hair for a glossy base which will hold and reflect shine throughout the day.
- Next, add loose waves throughout the hair using the ghd curve soft curl tong. Loosely wrap the hair around the tong to ensure the curls aren't too tight or precise.
- Next pull the hair back into a low ponytail, at the nape of the head. Secure and ensure the ponytail is tight and finish with a spritz of final fix hairspray.
- Next twist sections of the hair around the ponytail to create the low bun. Loosely wrap these sections around the ponytail to create the voluminous undone bun.
- Finish by creating loose waves around the face to frame and complete the look using the ghd curve soft curl tong. Direct each curl in a different direction for a looser and softer finish and finish with a spritz of final fix hairspray for hold and shine.”